Back Tone 4000: Posture Trainer / Biofeedback device
Re-train your body to great posture in just 20 minutes a day
BackTone 4000 - A biofeedback device for re-training postural habits. Worn for short periods daily, BackTone beeps whenever the wearer slouches. Straightening up turns the beep off. Users wear their BackTone during everyday simple tasks. Each time they slouch BackTone beeps, and continues to beep until they correct their posture. BackTone re-trains postural habits and allows you to extend your treatment regime even further.
Just knowing how to correct your posture is not enough to achieve a change in your actual habit. Our body uses learnt motor patterns to perform everyday activities. When we sit, stand, walk or move - our body follows previously learnt motor patterns. If your body has learned to slouch - that's what it will do. BackTone helps you re-train that motor pattern.
The new BackTone 4000 has:
- 4 -5 second vibration option for use in noisy environments
- New strapping configuration for more active tasks
- Firmer strapping and rubber-backed waist band for less slippage
- Easy change battery
Update - New Features
- Vibration Alert - The Back Tone now features the option to switch from sound alert to vibration alert (vibrating similar to a mobile phone).
- Softer straps - straps are softer now which improves comfort as well as makes folding/storing the product easier.
- Can be worn at work - the sound emitted is low volume thus does not distract others
- Not cumbersome, easy to put on, no cleaning
- Wear outside of clothing
- Not a 'support' but a training device (reusable)
Teach your clients correct posture and then with BackTone, change their postural behaviour and habits.
Important Information for Health Practitioners
Backtone Retrains Posture Habits Like No Other Strategy:
- 1. Sufficient Time - It takes at least 21 days to change any habit.
Wear BackTone for 20 mins, a couple of times a day for as long as you like - and actually change the habit. Can your current training strategy be applied daily for at least 21 days?
- 2. Train/Feedback/Practice Regime
Wear BackTone to learn good posture during activity. Then REMOVE IT and practice without the feedback.
Daily non- wearing is just as important as wearing. This allows the training to naturally flow into everyday activities.
- 3. Avoid fatigue
BackTone is designed to be easily removed by the user before their muscles fatigue. Once muscles tire they won't learn much at all. In fact, muscle fatigue may actually contribute to slouching and slow down the learning process.
- 4. Easily and Immediately Adjustable
BackTone is easily adjusted by the user even during a single training session. This allows them to set the training to their current status and task.
- 5. Users Develop Confidence and Skill
The capacity to apply, adjust and remove the device yourself encourages clients to notice and manage their own posture. BackTone users will know when they're slouching and do something about it, and will tend to alter environments such as computer setup, office chairs and seating of their own accord.
BackTone gives you the tools to provide a comprehensive program that results in real change in posture habits.
BackTone is a biofeedback device worn for short periods daily, for 3 - 3 weeks. BackTone allows you to change your client's behaviour as part of the treatment program.
Wear BackTone for about 20 minutes at a time during daily tasks. Whenever you slouch, BackTone emits a beep which continues until you straighten up. Without even consciously thinking about your posture, you will straighten up whenever BackTone beeps (in order to stop the sound).
You will soon become accustomed to moving and performing tasks with the desired posture rather than your habitual slouch.
Features of the new BackTone 4000
- Vibration Option allows use in noisy or quiet environments
- New strapping configuration:
- 1. allows wearing during more active tasks.
- 2. suits clients with sloping shoulders
- 3. Allows adjustment for wider range of body shapes
- Rubber backing on rear waist helps to anchor BackTone
- Louder, deeper beep (plus vibration option) allows use by people with hearing problems
- Attractive new packaging and instruction guide
3 sizes available
|Up to 83cm (34 inches)
|Up to 100cm (39 inches)
|Up to 132cm (52 inches)
All shipping costs are shown once you add an item to your shopping cart. Just click on 'Show Cart' or 'Checkout' to see the shipping charge. In most cases this is a flat rate. In some cases a larger amnount is charged for bulky orders. You will see the final shipping charge during checkout BEFORE your details are taken
We utilise both couriers and the postal service to send your goods in the fastest way possible.
Please note that your order will be processed within 24 hours from the first weekday
(Mon-Fri). Whilst we endeavour to send your goods quickly, we do not
guarantee overnight delivery. If goods are not in stock, you will be advised by either phone or email.
Orders over $100
All orders over $100 are now being shipped by eParcel where a signature will be required for delivery. Please keep this in mind when selecting an appropriate delivery address. A commercial location is preferred, but a residential address is also acceptable if the delivery can be received.
International shipping charges include insurance (unless the country does not offer this service). *Some larger items may have greater shipping charges for international customers. The summary page during checkout will give all totals (before payment).