Biofreeze Pain Relieving Gel
Biofreeze is a topical analgesic that uses the cooling effect of menthol, a natural pain reliever, to soothe minor muscle and joint pain.
- Penetrates quickly
- Relief through cold therapy
- Free of parabens and propylene glycol
- Excellent choice to use in conjunction with hands-on health care such as chiropractic, massage and physical therapies, and podiatry.
It can be applied to body parts such as the foot, ankle, knee, hand, wrist, elbow, hip, back, neck and shoulders. The Biofreeze Original Gel is particularly well-suited for massage applications on larger muscle areas that may benefit from a hands-on approach
- Overworked muscle
- Chronic back aches
- Arthritis discomfort
How does Biofreeze work?
- When Biofreeze is applied a cold sensation appears that overrides the pain signals.
- When Biofreeze is applied menthol binds with temperature-sensitive receptors in the skin. Activating these receptors is thought to modulate pain signals through the body’s natural pain relieving systems. This mechanism works similarly to ice.
What is Cold Therapy?
Cold therapy is the practice of applying something cold to the source of pain. Cold therapy has been used to reduce pain, swelling and nerve activity using ice, cold packs, and ice baths. Now, topical cold therapy pain relievers like Biofreeze offer additional benefits.
Ice Vs Biofreeze
Ice is the original cold therapy solution. Like Biofreeze, it reduces arterial blood flow to the applied area, while increasing circulation in the skin. There are some disadvantages to ice, however, such as stiffness, skin irritation, temporary pain and numbness, and the fact that it requires inactivity during application. Biofreeze offers the benefits of ice, and more. In a study of Biofreeze vs ice on acute uncomplicated neck pain, Biofreeze was found to be:
- Nearly twice as powerful in relieving pain
- Substantially more comfortable and convenient
- Longer-lasting in 9 out of 10 patients
- Generally preferred
|Biofreeze Gel Tube (110g)||5|
|Biofreeze Gel Roll On (82g)||5|
|Biofreeze Gel Tube (110g)||12||
Custom Display Stand
|Biofreeze Gel Roll On (82g)||12|