Exercise PRO Exercise Prescription Software
Software for Exercise Programs
Stand-alone / CD Version
Exercise Pro is designed for the use of Health & Fitness Professionals, to assist in prescribing exercises for patients and clients, with a particular emphasis on Rehabilitation. Active Care is designed particularly for the Chiropractor, with fewer of the rehabiliation exercises, and consequently a lower INVESTMENT.
"Why use exercise prescription software at all? To answer this question, one needs to look at existing non-computerised methods of exercise prescription. Some card systems or books can be photocopied to give exercise sheets to clients. Handwritten sheets of exercises can be given to clients by "artistic" practitioners. Some practitioners just give verbal instructions to clients.
The aim of all this is to actually get the client to do the exercises when unsupervised. One thing is obvious - the clearer the instruction in written form, the more likely they are to do the exercises, particularly if they understand WHY they are doing the exercises. BioEx programs are designed to help YOU get CLEAR instructions to clients and with the Education Topic feature, it can also help you to EDUCATE the patient.
In the following categories you can find hundreds of individual exercise prescriptions:
|Power/Agility||Functional Leg||Functional Reach|
Features of Exercise Pro are extensive making it the ultimate exercise software. It is a complete system, no extras to buy, at ONE fair price with no additional monthly or annual fees. You receive over 3200 unique exercises that print out with clear instructions and illustrations. And with over 160 Education Topics, many with pictures, the software is versatile and comprehensive. It is a Total Care Package. Quickly and efficiently deliver research and evidence based exercises to your patients. Exercises can be printed in English, Spanish and French! Exercise Pro has EVERY feature that other programs have AND MORE! For a generalized comparison continue reading.
First, lets look at what BASIC standard features that every program should have. Most programs can do the following things although, believe it or not, some still do not have this basic functionality. If it will not do the simplest functions our program will do, you are wasting your money.
- Edit text, change exercise names and create exercise variations.
- Print in different formats, print a date grid and a chart copy, and print with your logo.
- Create summary reports of patient programs, change exercise order, and make protocols.
- The ability to add your own exercise AND to make basic illustration edits.
Now, in addition to this basic functionality, look at what ours will do on top of that.
- Search for Exercises with numerous (over 20) methods and by specific exercise type, movement, position, equipment, and more.
- Tab layout for efficient location of exercises
- Search in a list by body part
- Search by individual muscle and muscle groups
- Search by movement and position
- Search favorite exercises by clinician
- Search using the visual body
- Search results with list or picture either with or without names
- Search by typing the exercise name, number or boolean search
- Bookmark favorite exercises for easy and fast retrieval
- Print layout preview search
- Create custom search tabs
- Create programs by number selection
- Technical and common name search
Allowing this variety not only improves your efficiency and productivity, it means that ANYONE can find the exercise they want.
- Email Exercise Programs - In addition to being able to print out a variety of exercise handouts you may also email them. Great for Home Health and traveling patients.
- Add your own exercises - Supports color images and/or import a black and white illustration. Add up to 2 color photos for each exercise.
- A built-in illustration maker for adding your own exercises. Sure, we let you scan and import like almost everyone else, but no program has a built-in picture maker. We give you a stock library of parts to make your own exercises. Or copy parts of the ones already in the program.
- Full page education topics and exercise theory handouts that print in Spanish. Even add, import or create your own.
- Print numerous exercise handouts - Print 1,2,3,4,6,9,12, or 40 exercises per page. Print two types of tracking grids for patient progress recording. Print custom cover pages. Print a condensed exercise handout for "Onsite" or supervised fitness programs. All exercises print with sets, reps, frequency/day or week, rest periods, hold periods and rate. And more.
- Links with Fitness Maker Software allowing you to integrate testing and fitness assessment into your practice. Fitness Maker includes Functional and Senior, youth, general fitness tests and much more.
- Include Target Heart Rate for cardio exercises. Add your own logo to the reports. Ability to print exercises with a left or right orientation. Create programs with Pyramid sets and reps. Choose from multiple stock comments. Print with exercise numbers, common or technical names, with or without date, or blanks.
- All exercise handouts may be printed in English, Spanish, and French.
- Export all reports to PDF.
- Create your own protocols. Has over 50 predefined protocols. Saves time making exercise programs.
- Change the search criteria of an exercise.
- Global exercise defaults based on specific exercise types.
- Saves exercise by client name, clinician and date for easy retrieval. Keeps records of amount of weight and/or color of elastics. Also lets you have default comments on specific exercises, protocols, and for general handouts.
- Complete Network compatibility.
- No extra modules to purchase. We include geriatrics, pediatrics, exercise balls, elastic, weights, fitness center equipment, functional exercise, dynamic, yoga, Pilates, power/agility, wheelchair, Body Blade, hand exercises, TMJ, aquatics, amputee (both upper and lower), pregnancy, foam roll, and more.
- Password protect for HIPAA compliance.
- Built-in Back Up/Restore of data, automatic or manual Program Save.
- Other great features include a built in spell checker and video tutorial. Numerous reports including a thumbnail summary of the exercise database. Add your own language translations. Please download the trial version to see all of these features and more.
- Other considerations: We provide free update patches that ensure your software runs on the latest systems. We do not duplicate exercises in our count. If we like an exercise proposed by you we may add it for free. If you ever have to re-install due to a computer failure or loading it on another, you do not have to wait for a new code or pay again. Exercise Pro is touch screen compatible. FREE technical support by toll free number, by email, or by fax.
For ease, speed, and reduction of confusion, only two screens need to be accessed for most applications. No more "getting lost" in a jumble of multiple screens. The search screen is the home base and the key for easy exercise selection.
- Pentium 3 or better processor
- 256 or more megabytes of memory
- 100 megabytes of free disk space
- CD ROM drive
- Microsoft Windows 2000, 2003, 2008, XP, Vista, Vista 64 bit, Windows 7, or Windows 7 64 bit
- At Least 800x600 Resolution
- Ink or Laser Jet Printer
If you purchase the Local Area Network Version the Server requirements are:
- Any file server with 75 megs or more space
- The program must be installed in a directory where the users have read, write, modify, and execute access
- The server may be shared
- CPU usage is minimal
- Windows and Novell servers will work
Example Search Screens
Rancho Los Amigos Medical Center