Thermoskin Supports and Braces
Sportstek is an official Australia-wide supplier of all Thermoskin Supports to the physical therapy industry. You can buy Thermoskin Supports online by clicking on one of our pricing pages.
Thermoskin braces are well known for their quality and effectiveness in the treatment and prevention of soft tissue injuries. All supports are lined Trioxin®. Trioxin's material structure provides for a free-flow of air, allowing for skin ventilation and the removal of excess moisture. Correct ventilation minimises perspiration irritation and provides for long term wearer comfort.
Advantages of choosing Thermoskin Supports
The application of prolonged heat to the affected area is a simple and rapid form of treatment. Heat promotes healing by the:
- Promotion of increased blood flow, which facilitates the removal of cellular debris.
- Provides light but firm compression to counteract tissue swelling.
- Promotion of optimal muscle function; at 1°C higher than the body's normal resting temperature.
- Increases elasticity and reactivity of the muscle, so after its application the collagen fibres become more extensible and capable of rehabilitation exercises. Thermoskin has been clinically tested to increase skin and subcutaneous (below the skin) temperature by up to 1.8°C.
- Provides temporary relief from pain/soreness associated with sports injuries, arthritis and RSI.
- Proprioception (support); implies perception of correct body position.
- Allows your skin to ventilate and remain well oxygenated for extended periods.
Buy Thermoskin Supports online
Thermoskin Knee Sleeve (closed)
Thermoskin Knee Sleeve (open)
Similar to the closed sleeve above but with a patella cut-out. This opening provides some mild stability of the knee cap.
Thermoskin Padded Knee
The padded knee is a knee sleeve with the added benefit of an extra layer of material around the front of the knee. This helps to protect an injured knee from knocks and bumps.
Thermoskin Knee Stabiliser
The Knee Stabilizer provides greater support with inbuilt flexible stays and a buttress surrounding the patella. Effective for pain secondary to degenerative disease and medial and lateral instability.
Thermoskin De-Rotation Knee
The Thermoskin De-Rotation Knee Support features both horizontal and diagonal straps. The diagonal straps help prevent rotation of the knee joint due to instability secondary to cruciate injuries and efficiencies.
Thermoskin Bi-Axial Hinged Knee Brace
The Thermoskin Hinged knee braces is similar to the Stabiliser except that the stays have been replaced with removable dual pivot hinges. These permit functional mobility while ensuring stability and support following post-operative ligament and meniscus surgery.
Thermoskin Thigh Support
Thermoskin Calf Support
Thermoskin Ankle Wrap
Wrap Around ankle support offers heat retention and mild compression. Suitable for arthritic joints. Velcro closure for ease of use.
Thermoskin Plantar FXT
Stretches the plantar fascia while sleeping. The plantar FXT has a semi-rigid strap that pulls the toes upwards and the foot into a slight dorsi-flexion position.
Thermoskin Elbow Strap
This strap includes a pad that compresses into the forearm to unload tension on the muscle. Provides relief from pain associated with tennis elbow and repetitive injuries.
Thermoskin Wrist Brace
Features a removable palmar spoon splint to aid in restricting flexion of the wrist joint. Choose from elastic or neoprene.
Thermoskin Wrist and Thumb Splint
Features a removable palmar splint with locking strap and thumb spica. Useful in treating Carpal Tunnel, RSI and skiers thumb
Thermoskin Flexible Thumb Splint w/ mouldable insert
Mouldable splint supports the CMC joint, while providing heat therapy and rigid support for UCL injuries
Thermoskin Arthritic Gloves
Sold in pairs. Provide warmth to relive pain associated with arthritis. Also provide a surface for gripping items.
Thermoskin Neck Support (Short)
Thermoskin Sports Shoulder Support
Thermoskin Back Support
Provides compression and heat retention to the lower back. A lightweight model with no compression straps is also available.
Thermoskin thermal supports as an adjunct to your normal treatment plan assist by:
- Promoting blood circulation, which facilitates the removal of cellular debris
- Promoting optimal muscle function (elasticity and reactivity of muscle)
- Providing firm compression to counteract tissue swelling
- Providing support to stimulate proprioception
- Providing temporary relief from pain and soreness
- Allowing the skin to ventilate and remain well oxygenated for extended periods