Comffit® Posture Cushion
For customised seating comfort & postural support
Comffit® Posture Cushions automatically mould to your individual body shape and provide customised seating comfort and postural support with the new patented automatic air displacement technology (AADT).
- Office Chairs
- Truck Seats
- Car Seats
- General Use
- Aged Care Seats
- Outdoor Seating
Comffit® Posture Cushion and Lower Back Pain
While sitting the sacroiliac joints and pelvis are unsupported, whereas while standing weight is taken by the legs. This is because while sitting the buttom often shifts forward and to support this the spine shifts into a C shape, which puts pressure on the lower back, causing lower back pain.
This type of lower back pain is accentuated by obesity and poor muscle strength.
The Comffit® Posture Cushion uses AADT to supports the spine into a S shape (gently removing the painful C shape) and provide pelvic suppport. The S shape is achieved with a gentleinward curve a the lower end of spine. The Comffit® Posture Cushion tilts the pelvis forward and supports the patient (to not slouch). The The Comffit® Posture Cushion lengthens the spine and moulds to the user.
- Outer cover is made with top quality, 4 way stretch polyester spandex.
- A layer of reticulated foam is incorporated in the top cover panel to provide ventilation and an excellent first touch comfort as the automatic bladder moulds to your individual body shape.
- The automatic bladder is made with thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) which is soft and
supple, and adds extra strength and comfort.
- Reticulated polyurethane foam in the automatic bladder provides greater comfort , faster
action and faster rebound.
- The underside cover panel is made with a specially designed non-slip TPU film to keep
your Comffit® cushion in place.
- Comffit® cushions are intended for people who weigh 160kg or less.
- Environmentally friendly materials with no use of PVC.
|Topview of pillow showing skirts that fill with air to support you in seated position.||Underside of cushion showing foam-filled bladder and non-slip surface.|
What is AADT?
AADT bladders operate with automatic air displacement from a central foam filled section into adjacent expansion chambers.
When the seat is in use, the foam is compressed and air is displaced from the foam into the expansion chamber. Air will continue to flow until expansion chambers are filled and the central foam filled section has moulded to your exact
When the seat is vacated, the foam will automatically re-inflate and suck the displaced air back from the expansion chambers until the cushion has recovered to its original shape.
Posture Benefits with AADT
- Improves and maintains personalized comfort; good posture and correct pelvic support.
- Automatically prevents slouching and provides excellent postural support with correct rotation of the pelvis.
- Reduces pressure on t he lower spine and reduces incidence of disabling lower back pain.
- Automatically conforms to the body and cradles the buttocks and thighs with even distribution of pressure, providing basic skin protection.
- Promotes a healthy spine with a very gentle "S" shape with inward curve at lower end.
As an expression of our confi dence in the quality of our products Sportstek warrant to the consumer that for 12 months from the date of
purchase it will replace or repair, at its option, any Comffit® product that is defect ive in materials or workmanship. Sportstek does not provide a
warranty against normal wear and tear or accidental damage due to the application of excessive weight. In the event that the Comffit® Posture Cushion is punctured with a sharp instrument, this warranty will become void. Maximum user weight -160 kg.
This warranty does not apply to cushions that have been lost, altered, broken or damaged by misuse or failure to follow the care instructions sewn into the cover.
Warranty and terms are outlined on the product's packaging.